G
Hi there,
I am currently in my final year of bachelor of engineering (electrical) and am doing my final year project. Part of the project is to set up some new Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), which are Modbus compatible to our concurrent SCADA network.
I'm aware I could use RS485 and then program the relay on the ATS from there to work with the SCADA server. HOWEVER, I understand that Modbus is a protocol, much like TCP/IP and stuff like that... but what I don't understand is: is it possible to use Modbus on ethernet? I don't get it, it makes no sense.
Can someone please help a student?
I am currently in my final year of bachelor of engineering (electrical) and am doing my final year project. Part of the project is to set up some new Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), which are Modbus compatible to our concurrent SCADA network.
I'm aware I could use RS485 and then program the relay on the ATS from there to work with the SCADA server. HOWEVER, I understand that Modbus is a protocol, much like TCP/IP and stuff like that... but what I don't understand is: is it possible to use Modbus on ethernet? I don't get it, it makes no sense.
Can someone please help a student?
