{"id":18928162,"date":"2026-06-04T05:01:16","date_gmt":"2026-06-04T05:01:16","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/private-files-not-showing-for-assigned-user\/"},"modified":"2026-06-04T05:01:16","modified_gmt":"2026-06-04T05:01:16","slug":"private-files-not-showing-for-assigned-user","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/private-files-not-showing-for-assigned-user\/","title":{"rendered":"Private Files not showing for assigned user"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hello,<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I am setting up WP Customer Area on a WordPress website and I am having an issue with Private Files.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have successfully created private files, attached PDF documents, assigned them to a specific user, and published them. The user permissions also appear to be configured correctly.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">However, when the assigned user logs in and accesses the &#8220;My Files&#8221; page, the page loads correctly but no files are displayed. There are no error messages shown on the page.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">What I have already verified:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li>The private files are published.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Files are attached correctly.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>The files are assigned to the correct user.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>The user has the required permissions to view private files.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>The &#8220;Private Files&#8221; page is loading properly.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>I tested with different user roles (Subscriber and Customer).<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>There are no relevant JavaScript errors in the browser console, only missing source map (.map) files.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>The issue persists even after checking permissions and assignments multiple times.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The page displays the &#8220;My Files&#8221; section and the file container, but the file list remains empty.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Could you please advise what additional settings or troubleshooting steps I should check?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thank you for your help.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18928162","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18928162","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18928162\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18928162"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}