{"id":11624621,"date":"2019-06-10T22:21:04","date_gmt":"2019-06-10T22:21:04","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/updating-this-theming-plug-in\/"},"modified":"2019-06-10T22:21:42","modified_gmt":"2019-06-10T22:21:42","slug":"updating-this-theming-plug-in","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/updating-this-theming-plug-in\/","title":{"rendered":"updating this theming plug-in"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>This plug-in was last updated 8 years ago. It would be nice if the improvements to it that @dccharron summarized in a support topic here <a href=\"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/still-works-after-all-these-years\/\">Still works after all these years<\/a> were incorporated.<\/p>\n<p>Todd Halfpenny, would you be willing, if it&#8217;s even possible, to add other maintainers to this plug-in so that they can add those fixes and test it with latest WordPress? I&#8217;m theoretically willing to do the work, though going 15 years back in time to futz around in Subversion fills me with dread \ud83d\ude09<\/p>\n<p>If Todd Halfpenny isn&#8217;t around or willing, is there a procedure for forking WordPress plug-ins?<\/p>\n<p>BTW I filed <a href=\"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/core.trac.wordpress.org\/ticket\/47451\">Trac ticket 47451<\/a> requesting WordPress update the Twenty Ten theme itself; the response is<\/p>\n<blockquote><p>Twenty Ten is the oldest theme available in core. We tend not to make major changes to the older themes for backwards compatibility reasons. I would suggest updating your site to a newer responsive theme, or use either the plugin or child theme&#8230;<\/p><\/blockquote>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-11624621","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-update"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/11624621","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/11624621\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":11624623,"href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/11624621\/revisions\/11624623"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=11624621"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/round-lake.dustinice.workers.dev:443\/https\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}