Saturday, December 15, 2012

What a Cute Baby!

That’s all anyone says to me when I’m toting Julia around. Not that I’m complaining. On the contrary I’m in complete agreement. “I know, right!” is my favorite way to responsd. Here’s the story:

Julia and I were late for Relief Society (a class for the sisterhood usually during the third hour of church). The only seats available were right in the center front. And that’s where we sat. Or I sat and Julia stood on my lap looking over my shoulder. The ladies behind and to my left went a little crazy cooing at her. They were making such a ruckus I had to turn Julia around. But that only made it worse. Now she was facing forward smiling her brightest smile at the teacher, who forgot her lesson to proclaim, “That is the cutest baby ever.” I could hear all the ladies to my right shift forward to get a look at my shining daughter. I could hear their assenting whispers for the few seconds everyone was watching Julia gurgle. We left soon afterwards to charm passersby in the hallway.

Willy chuckled when I told him on the drive home. He said, “That’s why Denise Lloyd came up to me and said…”



In case you were wondering where her good looks come from.

0 comments: