Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I Spy

I spy a favorite dog named Grace,
a candy cane with a reindeer face,
pipe cleaners blue, yellow, and red,
an angel hanging by a thread,
 three paper snowflakes,
and a piece of garbage for heavens sakes!


An Alternate title for this post is: My Daughter is a hoarder! or One Man's Trash
Here's the story:

Isabella and I are walking home from the bus. Isabella stops to pick something up off the ground. She stuffs it in her coat pocket.
I- Good news mom. I've got a new collection.
M- Oh? Ah, what are you collecting now?
I-Well (she drags the word out for a 20seconds, then says the following in one breath) Melina says it's trash. But it's not! It's not garbage. What I do is I find things on the ground and I put it in my collection. (She pauses then proclaims joyfully) It's a junk collection!
M- Things on the ground that should go in the garbage?
I- That's what Melina says. Don't tell dad.
M- Then you tell dad. What's in your pocket?
*The garbage on our christmas tree is actually a piece of recycle-able cardboard behind that button garland thing on the left

0 comments: