Thursday, May 13, 2021

fun days . . .

Not a lot going on in the Nook these past two weeks.  We've got Campers on Mission in the camp for their annual work.  This year they've been working on a new bathhouse for the camp.  It's so exciting watching it come together . . . 
Isn't that great?!  They've worked so hard for these last two weeks.  I am so excited for the benefit this adds to the camp! ♥  Speaking of the camp, one of the COM wives knew I sewed/quilted, and look what she made me:
Awesome, right?  That was so kind of her to remember me that way.  :)

Last week we attended the end-of-year program for the girls' Classical Conversation group, and they were so darling!
I'm so glad we're close to them and can attend things like this.  I miss our California crew (pictured here, camping in the wilds) . . . 
They're coming to visit at the end of June and I can. not. wait!!!

I had a GREAT Mother's Day!  We went to church and one of the gals I mentor gifted me with this beautiful bouquet and a lovely card.
Isn't that sweet? I was so touched! After church we stopped by and visited with my folks.  Then we headed back to the camp for a BBQ lunch with Jocelyn and her crew.
It was a lovely afternoon, and they all gifted me so well!!  Joc got me a new 60 mm ergonomic rotary cutter and a book of botanical embroidery patterns which I've wanted for a while . . .
And Todd got me THESE!!!!
Are they not just PERFECT??!  He knows me so well!  And, well, I got myself this sweet little wool pattern from Sentimental Stitches . . .
I mean, a girl's gotta do!

And for the cherry on top, I was a winner!  Janet, over at Rogue Quilter, was clearing out some patterns and I am now the proud owner of some very cute wool patterns, perfect for my little stand!!!
Am I right?!?  Thanks so much, Janet!  :)

So, that's it for what's going on here.  I hope everyone enjoyed as lovely a Mother's Day as I did.  Oh yeah, and I meant to say ... I have turned off comments on my blog.  It's just easier for me this way. ♥

:)

0 expressed . . .: