And just like that, it's November. WOW!
Thursday evening after work I headed to visit the grandgirls and spend the night. On Friday we made our annual visit to Tate Farms . . .
It was hard to get a photo of everyone together! We were full out in motion for our three hours there! But it was a fun day. :)
Saturday was bright and beautiful! What a fabulous day for Halloween ... and June Madelyn's birthday!
We got to facetime with her and sing her "Happy Birthday" and watch her open her presents! June is eight! I miss them all SO much! ♥
I also took some time to make another apple bundt cake. We've got a social thing (outdoors) this afternoon, and this is my offering.
I spent some (most) of my birthday Etsy money and my 'gifts' came in this week. I'm so excited!
I got a number of assorted bundles of wool. I'm going to get working on my Hospital Sketches in wool, soon, and I wanted a nice variety of wool to pull from.
I also got this really sweet Piglet ornament kit.
One last purchase . . .
Pictured with my Give Thanks stitchery! I adore themed "accessories"! So it came late, but the needle minder is so darling, I was happy to stitch with it yesterday (and will continue to stitch with it this evening, with some slow Sunday stitching). I also got the most darling pair of owl embroidery scissors, and those I'll use year-long!
Linking up with Kathy's Quilts today and her slow stitching post. I leave you with one last look at October . . .
:)







15 expressed . . .:
Looks like fun times with your family - always precious! That cake looks and sounds yummy, too. I love your Give Thanks embroidery - perfect to be working on right now!
Totally delicious post! Love the cake and the wool and the new scissors and that moon photo is amazing... enjoy your stitching!
I miss my grandchildren like crazy, too. Thank you so much, again, for my lovely prize pack. I love your little fabric acorns and have been too lazy to make my own, so what a lovely win! I forgot AGAIN to say 'rabbit, rabbit', I wonder if I will ever remember?! Your farm day looks like so much fun -- we have snow on our back deck today, so outdoor activities are coming to an end (shiver).
Great birthday buys! And Happy Birthday to June! My granddaughter's BD was on Thursday! Happy stitching!
The Bundt cake looks and sounds delicious. Looking forward to seeing Piglet come together.
Love all those birthday goodies that you bought. The colors of the wool are beautiful. Happy Birthday to both you and your granddaughter. That farm trip looks like it was fun.
Your family photos are always filled with happiness and joy. Fabulous photo of you all in the cute train. How sweet the little Piglet is and I must say, I rather love your beautiful owl scissors.
Can you share your cake recipe?
Hi Denise, your apple cake made my mouth water. Where can I find the receipe you use? Your embroidery is turning beutiful and I absolutelly have loved your owl embroidery scissors ♥ Have a great week and happy stitching.
Fun day with the girls!! Those owl scissors are darling!! I love owls!
The apple cake looks so good I can almost smell the aroma, I cherish the Facetime I have with my little niece Tessa, she is 7. Lovely stock of wool you have to work from. Love those Owl scissors and the cute little needle minder. Happy Stitching!
Always so much fun going on in your neck of the woods. All kinds of fun with the grandgirls.
The cake looks yummy!
Love little Piglet. :)
Your "Give Thanks" piece is really sweet.
Wasn't it so cool to have a full moon on Halloween?
Btw, I have to remind myself too to check my inbox for comments now.
What a great post! So many lovely happy things. The kids are so sweet and to get to spend time with them wonderful too. Such great little items in the mail. I keep thinking I need a needle minder...always having to use a magnet to pick them up from the floor. Adore your stitching on Kathy's design. All good!
Happy belated birthday to June. She's really 8? Wow, they grow so fast. The needle minder is pretty cute, it's a great addition to your current project. Love the blue moon photo. Sounds like your crew had a pretty happy Thanksgiving. Hope you've had a chance to get into all that wool, what pretty colors!
the cake looks delicious :)
Post a Comment